You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

PAL to NTSC converter

Hi Tony,

Thanks for sharing your experience trying to find a PAL to NTSC converter. Like you, I also moved to B'lore recently from the US.

How about a multi system DVD Recorder or Receiver to pass the signal thru and convert to NTSC? Unfortunately, both my Panasonic DVD Recorder and Sony Receiver are designed to work for NTSC only.

Just like you, I also contacted Raju and Raju. Somehow, I am not comfortable buying online here. Your blog saved me a trip to SP Road. I would be interested in knowing whether you had any success locating a working converter. Thanks for your response.

I ended up bringing a Com World PAL to NTSC converter from USA. Also, I got my Atlona converter repaired by sending to USA.

Someone in SP Road told me I can go to some used item sale market and buy an old VCR for Rs 250 which supports multi system. I am not sure if that will work, but even if it works, it is not going to support HD.

It's APEX (model LE40H88) or a 40 inch LED TV bought at Target. I was told a lot of LG and Sony models from US work as well. For my Samsung TV, I am planning to get a converter from the US.

Also, I just found out Mercy Electronics from Chennai (they have multiple branches) sells VGA based converter for Rs. 1375 (and another 375 for the VGA cable). You may not get the best quality, though.

APEX works everywhere and compatible with anything!!

I bought my first APEXA TV for $80 and sold it for $45 after using it for 6 years!

Thanks for replying.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.